Would you like to eliminate years of imbedded stains and discoloration from the surface of your teeth? Oradent Associates can help you to remove even severe stains with our in-office whitening treatment.
Your Whitening Treatment
Teeth whitening is one of the most common cosmetic dental services performed, and with good reason! This pain-free whitening solution can remove difficult stains in a very short amount of time. To get your whitening treatment, here are a few steps new patients should take:
- Make your Lincolnwood teeth whitening appointment. Professional whitening treatments are not included in a standard biannual check-up. To get your treatment, we recommend scheduling a separate tooth whitening appointment. Your dental office will work with you to determine how many appointments will be necessary to achieve your desired results. You may also want to work with our office staff and your dental insurance provider to determine the cost of this treatment for you.
- Getting the treatment. When having a professional whitening treatment, your dentist will first need to remove any debris, plaque, and tartar from the surface of your teeth. Then, your dentist will apply a whitening formula (in the form of a gel or paste) to your dental enamel. Using a special heat lamp or laser, he or she will activate the whitening gel. This procedure is completely pain-free and safe.
- Enjoy the results. You can expect your teeth to maintain their sparkling white appearance for months after your appointment. By keeping up with a good oral hygiene routine and following the steps below, you can ensure that these results last as long as possible.
Maintaining Your Results
We want you to get the most out of your whitening procedure. To keep your teeth sparkling white for as long as possible, we recommend taking the following steps following this dental treatment:
- Practice good oral hygiene. The best way to keep your teeth looking clean and white is to keep your mouth healthy. This will allow you to avoid the discoloring effects of gum disease and gingivitis. To do so, you should brush your teeth at least twice a day and floss at least once every night. You can also use a mouthwash rinse as well. This will remove food particles and residue that can lead to decay and stains.
- Avoid staining foods and drinks. Another way to keep your teeth white is to avoid foods and drinks that are known for leaving stains on your teeth. This includes coffee, soda, tea, citrus fruits, and other acidic foods like tomato sauce, soy sauce, and curry. You might also consider adding crunchy vegetables like carrots and celery into your diet—they act like natural toothbrushes and remove bacteria as you chew!
- Quit smoking. Cigarettes and other tobacco products contain tar and nicotine, which lead to brown and yellowish stains on the surface of your teeth. They also make you more susceptible to gum disease, which can discolor your teeth as well. Quitting smoking will significantly improve your oral health and the look of your smile.
- Schedule biannual visits to the dentist. It is highly recommended that you visit the dentist twice a year to prevent gum disease and tooth decay, which can lead to discolored teeth.
Are you ready to get a bright white, beautiful smile? Call Oradent Associates today to schedule your whitening appointment with lincolnwood teeth whitening dental professionals today!