With porcelain veneers, Oradent Associates can help you remedy a wide variety of issues with your smile—from gaps in your teeth, to cracked or damaged enamel, to a crooked bite. These devices are customized to your individual needs, so you can get the smile you’ve always wanted.
Why Porcelain Veneers?
Made from medical-grade porcelain, these ultra-thin shells are cemented directly onto your existing teeth to restore your enamel and enhance your smile. There are a number of reasons, both cosmetic and restorative, that you may want to consider getting porcelain veneers, including:
- Improved structure of your teeth. By repairing damaged enamel and fixing bite misalignments, veneers can strengthen your teeth. They can also repair chips and small holes in the enamel while remedying teeth’s surfaces that have been worn down.
- Enhanced appearance of your smile. Whether your teeth are cracked, stained, misshapen, or misaligned, veneers can completely alter and enhance your smile.
- The process is minimally invasive. Much less intrusive than crowns or braces, these devices can improve the structure and appearance of your teeth with minimal time and pain.
- They are difficult to stain. If you struggle with discolored teeth, veneers may be a wonderful option. These devices are difficult to stain and therefore can transform your teeth to sparkling white.
- The process is pain-free. There is little to no anesthesia required when getting veneers.
Getting Porcelain Veneers
If you’d like to improve your smile, the process of getting veneers is actually quite simple. You can expect to take the following steps:
- After a consultation with your dentist at Oradent Associates, the first step of getting veneers is to remove a small amount of your dental enamel to prepare them for the device. This does not often require local anesthesia, but it can be administered for those with low pain tolerance. We will also clean your teeth and enamel to determine the best shade for your veneer at this time.
- Then, we will take an impression of your teeth using a mold to create your custom porcelain veneer. While you wait for your veneer to be produced, we will place a temporary veneer over the tooth.
- Once the device has been created, you will return to our Lincolnwood office to have the tooth cleaned thoroughly and prepared for your new veneer. We will then adhere the veneer to your tooth with cement, paying particular attention to the exact fit and contour of the device.
- Finally, we will use a special light to harden the cement and then remove any excess material from the tooth. Once we’ve polished your veneer, your smile will be instantly transformed!
You’ll be able to walk out of your final appointment with a brand new smile that will last for up to ten years. Maintaining your porcelain veneers is quite simple—you’ll just need to keep up a good dental hygiene routine. By brushing and flossing daily, you can ensure that your porcelain feel and look great for years to come.
If you think porcelain veneers may be right for you, call Oradent Associates today! We’d love to set up an appointment with you to discuss your options and get you the smile you’ve always wanted.